A mentor is a caring, responsible, adult volunteer who serves as a trusted friend and guide to a student at the Girls Entrepreneurship Summit organized and hosted by Apps and Girls Organization. S/he helps to provide constructive feedback to students to ensure they develop and improve their entrepreneurial ideas. S/he expose them to new opportunities and a wide array of resources, and keep them motivated and encouraged to give their best at the summit.
The Mentor’s Responsibility to Protégé
Every volunteer mentor must:
· Be able to commit to spending three days of the summit with his/her assigned students.
· Spend at least three- five hours a day engaged in a mutually agreed-upon activity with their protégés such as ideation, pitching practice, pitch decks, etc.
· Honor, all commitments made to the protégé and Apps and Girls.
· Be respectful of the protégé’s time, opinions, and decision-making.
· Serve as a positive role model by modeling desirable behaviors—e.g. patience, tolerance, and reflective listening.
· Be comfortable and able to establish appropriate boundaries with the protégé .
· Be encouraging and supportive of the protégé.
· Help the protégé develop a milestone plan for their entrepreneurial idea.
Mentors Responsibility to Apps and Girls
Every Volunteer Mentor must:
· Check-in with the program staff a month before the summit.
· Attend on-going trainings when needed or requested to do so by program staff.
· Complete evaluation surveys as requested by staff.
· Be patient and understand the mentoring relationship is a process that takes work and time.
All volunteers must:
Submit an application, and a copy of a photo ID.
· Successfully complete an interview for a mentor position with Apps and Girls staff member.
· Exhibit a genuine interest in entrepreneurship , technology and youths participation in development.
Payment & Allowances
Will be Negotiated.
|Job Category||Girls Entrepreneurship Summit Mentors|